One hundred fifty years ago, a group of Cowichan Valley pioneers began the faith community we now know as The Anglican Parish of St. Peter, Quamichan.
How will we celebrate this anniversary?
- We began the year by launching the Grow Your Loonie Campaign. Families were each given a loonie and asked to grow it into bigger dollars. Each dollar grown will go toward paying the remaining $134,000 owing on the Capital Project. If each family were to grow the loonie to $1,000 the project would be completely paid for by year’s end. That may not be achievable for some families but we believe every family can make the loonie grow into some contribution to the fund. Have you begun to grow your loonie?
- June 11 “Wedding Fashions through the Decades” will feature, in particular, wedding dresses worn through the 15 decades of St. Peter’s existence. In addition, those attending will enjoy an “old fashioned” tea. Come and enjoy this afternoon of memories.
- Also to be enjoyed during the summer is a concert and the parish picnic. Dates are yet to be announced so watch your bulletin for further details.
- Other dates to put in your calendar are:
- October 23 – Anniversary Celebration
- December 11 – An Old Fashioned Christmas
- The 150th AGM will be held in February 2017.
These above events, combined with those parishioners are organizing – to “grow their loonie”- and the selection of a new priest will truly make this 150th year a celebration!