In 2014 we received approval from the Diocesan Council repair and update work on our historic 1877 Church building, that has had two additions and a few other updates over the years. We received approval for a construction loan so that our project could be started in the spring of 2014. Work was completed in 2015.
March 2015 – View of updated Church from the parking lot – note the new handrail -which has built in lights for night
Work that was completed as a part of this endeavour.
* Asbestos removal, clean up, and disposal in relationship to the heating systems ducting .
*A protective barrier applied to the ground under the church, access, and insulation around the interior of the foundation.
* The removal of the old oil furnace and the installation of two new gas furnaces & a cooling system, along with supply and return heating ducts.
*Repair and upgrade the electrical supply inside the Church building. Wiring and other infrastructure installed to allow upgrades to the audio visual system.
* Restoration and update work around the Chancel, Altar and Pulpit.
* Broken stained glass window repaired.
* Repaired the stone foundation.
* Upgrade the organ.
*Additional cabinets placed in the vestry & children’s room to improve storage and flow in these rooms.
* Upgraded the Audio-Visual System ( Microphones, Speakers,Projector & Screen) .
* The pathway was upgraded, including railing and electrical for lighting.
Thank you to all our many Donors to date who have made it possible for us to start our restoration project during our ongoing fundraising. Thank you to the Diocese of British Columbia for a construction loan that ensured we were able to complete the bulk of this project in 2014 & 2015
This page was last updated 16 March 2017.